- The Annual General Meeting will be held Friday JUNE 23rd
at 7 pm. There will be
pizza & refreshments so come around 6:00 pm. It is so important that we have a
quorum for the AGM. Last year we had to phone people at the last minute asking them to come so that we could continue. Please come out to support your Club and
Executive, we really appreciate it!
- Regarding the AGM – there will be two positions vacant on the Executive for this September. They are: Facilities Co-ordinator: who will oversee & maintain the room, lockers & shelves etc. and Treasurer: who keeps the financial records of the Club.
Receives/deposits revenues. Prepares financial statements and presents financial reports to the Executive. Special Events Co-Ordinator: Oversees aspects relating to the social events of the club. If you are interested in a position on the Executive- we would certainly welcome you! Please phone Shelagh Greene 403.504-0698 or Marjorie Landsiedel 403.504-0369
- June 24th Saturday at the Hat Art Club at 9 am anyone interested in Plein Air painting, bring your supplies and join us for painting outdoors at the Culture Centre. Last time 5
folks showed up – we had an enjoyable morning.
- June 26th to 28th are the dates to drop off (at the Hat Art Club studio) your art work
that was chosen for the exhibition at the Esplanade. Art must be suitably framed and
wrapped for transportion, which is done by Art Club volunteers. Thank you to the
volunteers for their work.
- Children’s Art Camp – Needs Volunteer helpers for both sessions. July 3 – 7 for ages 6-
9 years. July 10 – 14 for ages 10-13 years. The poster with information and sign up
sheet is in the Art Club Studio.
- July 11th & 12th are the dates for entries to the M.H. Exhibition & Stampede Visual Arts. You can pick up a pamphlet at the M.H. Exhibition grounds or online or at the Art Club.
- July 14th 7pm Friday – Opening Reception for the Hat Art Club Show “Canada’s 150th
Birthday” at the Esplanade.
July 15th An exciting and rare opportunity for Plein Air Painting with Nicole Bauberger
through the Esplanade! Starting 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Fee $50.00 payable in advance through TXX. Painting in acrylics but you can bring oils if you wish. Nicole’s paintingswill be on display at the Esplanade July – August. Visit her website www.nicolebauberger.com for more information about her painting on site as she travelled across Canada the past few years to complete her paintings. For additional information you can contact Jasmine at the Esplanade. I will also place the pamphlet on the bulletin board at the Art Club.
- Crestwood Community School is looking for interested artists who would work with
teachers and students on all sorts of art projects, such as coloured pencil, watercolour,
drawing, mix media etc. This is a flexiable schedule with as much /or as little time as you would like to volunteer anyday of the week. The idea is to promote art in the school and share your expertise and ideas . Art supplies would be paid for by the school. Children range in ages 3 years up to 12 years. The aim is to start this in September. Interested? Please contact Principal Todd Samuelson 403.526-4495 or
email email@example.com with any questions. If you are shy about going alone ask another arty friend to go with you! It is a wonderful opportunity to share your
talent and encourage children to explore the arts.
- Our Historian Leona is ever busy with good ideas. Leona would like every member of the Club to submit a piece of art for the Hat Art Club History book. The art should be
about 2 ½ “ x 3 ½ “ or no larger than 4” x 6” any media is acceptable as long as it fits into the pages. How great to have a real little piece of each member’s art to showcase
in the History book